> Try deleting "Appleshare Prep" in the preferences folder.

AND Jeff wins the prize!

To answer some other questions throughout this topic: yes, I do have
several beige G3 units saved as backup units, as well as a couple of
IIci (NOT easy to find in working condition any more) and a couple of
IIsi.  The G3s are where we program, we transfer the programs via
Appletalk to the IIci and IIsi to run the turrets.  I'm always looking
for more of all three Macs, as well as working comm cards, cache
cards, etc.

The dongles we have to use connect via ribbon cable to the comm card
ports on the back of the IIsi and IIci.  They may not be what most
people consider "dongles," but that's what the manufacturer calls
them.  They're not on the G3s, and that's a topic for another
discussion on another list.

Bruce, thanks for the advice on possible finding someone who could
update the program for newer machines.  As IIci  and IIsi get harder
to find, my boss might have some interest in that.