On Jul 26, 2011, at 11:41 AM, John Callahan wrote:

> I would like to purchase Mac OS 10.5 for my iMac Intel Duo currently running
> OS 10.4.11. Where can I purchase one and what would be a good price to pay?
> What should I beware of in the way of copies and scams? I have two GB's of
> memory and a one terra byte hard drive with a lot of free space (898.46 GB).
> Thank you

The usual suspects, fleabay and LEM swaplist; you want a real retail disk,
which has the Aurora on it <http://tinyurl.com/3cbrtxj>; gray disks are system
specific, so you need to make sure it's for a core duo iMac.

Personally I'd go right on by 10.5 and look for 10.6, at least; if that's a
Core Duo system that's the top limit you can get to; and there's not much that
wasn't compatible with 10.5 on those that doesn't run in 10.6, and 10.6 is a
noticeable performance upgrade over 10.5.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona