I used Carbon Copy Cloner to clone an OSX 10.4.11 partition (with all data
and apps) from a PowerMac G4 DA 667 to a PowerMac G5 Dual 2.7, and the G5
doesn't boot from it.
(please note that the same G5 boots fine from a fresh 10.4 install on
another partition)

Since that G5 came originally with OSX 10.4, I thought it could boot from my
10.4.11.
Is it possible for a G5 using an OSX previously installed on a G4?

I can choose that partition in Startup Disk, boot from it, the screen with
the grey Apple appears, but it remains stuck there.
Even if I try to boot in Single-user mode (Cmd-S at startup), it shows
several lines of text, but it locks before reaching the prompt.
(I thought of running Applejack, but I couldn't reach the prompt) I repaired
that partition, repaired the permissions and the preferences (with Disk
Utility, Drive Genius, DiskWarrior, Cocktail), to no avail.

Is there something I have to change/tune to make it bootable?
Or is it just a G4 OSX doesn't work on a G5?

I made the clone thru Ethernet file sharing, since I couldn't use Firewire
target mode.
At the end, CCC reported "Errors encountered" (all of them about "Getting
information..."), I don't know if this could be the problem. Example
follows:
Error codes: 58 : 86 : 13
Error: rsync: send_files: failed to open "/Volumes/HDX/usr/sbin/vpnd":
Permission denied (13)

I think several files weren't copied because of this.
Could that be the problem?
How could I say to OSX "Make all the files on this disk copy-able"?