Hello:

First you must tell us your configuration.
I suppose you are writing a script with Applescript.
And you are using a virtual environment.
Is that correct? I am retired and I had some time helping you.

Here is a link to convert a zip file to an ISO file readable by mac.
I found it using google.com.
I had to register to brainsurface.com to take a look at the article.

http://www.brainsurface.com/how-to-convert-downloaded-zip-files-into-iso-files-for-use-as-virtual-cddvd-roms

Break a leg!! (I hope this will help you)