----------  Original message  ----------
Subject: Re: G5 (June 2003): Firmware Update 5.1.4 – worth the risk?
Date:    Saturday, 05. November 2011
From:    Dan <dantear...@gmail.com>
To:      g3-5-list@googlegroups.com
> At 9:42 PM +0100 11/2/2011, Mac User #330250 wrote:
> >Well, since there is no more warrenty of any kind from Apple, I don't know
> >where I should risk it or not.
>
> FWIW, I've done a couple of G5's over the years. Never had a problemo
> with the firmware update.
>
> YMMV.
>
> - Dan.

Thanks. I've just finished getting Panther installed. I haven't tried the
firmware updater on Tiger/Leo yet, but I needed the Panther anyway 'cos I never
made an image (using CCC) of an installation including all updates. Now I did,
so I can easily get it restored anytime I want/need to.

Cheers,
Andreas  aka  Mac User #330250