On 11/16/11 10:45 AM, Valter Prahlad wrote:
Il giorno 16-11-2011 18:41, Brielle Bruns ha scritto:

The G4 has PCI-X slots - I have a MDD sitting here, next to me, with a
PCI-X fibre channel card running in 64bit, albeit its the older PCI-X
standard so it only runs 33mhz.

Just confirmed this with Mactracker - there's 4 PCI-X 64bit/33mhz slots.

Uh... I thought only G5s had PCI-X.

Actually my MacTracker (version 5.3) says all G4 MDD have 4 PCI (64-bit 33
MHz) and 1 AGP slots.
Maybe you have a newer version of MacTracker?

If its 64bit, then it has to be PCI-X. The extra 2 inches of slot size are where the extra signals necessary to support the higher speed and wider bus transfers come from. That's part of how they managed to keep backwards compatibility with regular PCI.

You may be thinking of PCIe, which is in the late 2005 G5s and Intel macs, which is a completely different beast.

I have MacTracker 6.1.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org