I ran into this recently trying to get a ppc G5 MOTU audio card. even with a long detailed conversation on teh phone with a MOTu tech advisor, we STILL got teh wrong card shipped to me.

PCI-X - its fully backwards compatible with regular PCI, but can operate at 64bit and 66mhz or higher depending on chipset capabilities. More common in servers then desktop machines.

Shouldn't be confused with PCIe, which is a completely different beast. :)