Hi,

I'm having an issue using Final Cut Express 2 where I cannot capture
footage for more than 5 mins without the window freezing up. After
some digging it would appear to be because FCE2 needs to utilise an
older version of quicktime. My G4 MDD came pre-loaded with 10.4 and I
had (or I have since upgraded to) a newer version of Quicktime and
thus this problem.

So....I have picked up the MDD original install discs for peanuts and
may roll back to 10.3.2 to solve the Quicktime issue.

Any major drawbacks I should be aware of in using the older OS? Looks
like my iphone and iTunes will not sync in 10.3.2. Thought about
getting an old ibook just for music and iphone etc. I've been through
the other software I use and seems to be older versions of everything
that's important.

What about browsers? I started using TenFourFox so that will have to
change. Camino?

If I had the cash I would just get a G5 and FCE4 or whatever but need
to make best of what I have.

Cheers,
Evan