Il giorno 23-12-2011 17:32, Neal ha scritto:

> I need to go to 10.4 or 10.5 on the G4 I am using. It runs at 350 MHz
> and has 1 Gb of SDRAM.

AFAIK, 10.4 can be slightly faster than 10.5.
SInce your G4 is a mere 350MHz, unless you have good reasons to favour 10.5,
I'd go for 10.4 (it still has Classic support also, that was dropped in
10.5).

Honestly, though, I'm afraid you would find OSX painfully slow on your G4.
I remember I found it annoyingly slow on my G4 DA 667MHz (I was used to
slick and smooth OS9 then). Usable, yes, but irritating.
When I upgraded the G4 to 1.4GHz, things went better - not really smooth,
but good enough.

> Money is an important consideration.
I understand, but perhaps you can find a G4 QuickSilver or MDD between 50
and 100$. Those Macs would be way better for handling OSX.