Kris,

Thanks for the advice on Leopard Assist.
<You'd need Leopard Assist or some way to overcome the 866 MHz limitation of Leopard. >
From what I've experienced upgrading software on other Macs, the only way to do it properly is by also upgrading the processor. An assist program normally gets around software barriers but does not compensate for the slow speed.
<Bruce's "keep an eye out for cheap upgrades" was sage advice. The "sweet spot" has long passed this old Mac and you probably shouldn't invest "real" money, only "cheap" money.>
That is good advice. I can afford to spend a little to stretch the use of this computer till there is more money. So that is what I am doing.

Neal Lewis