> From: Bruce Johnson <john...@pharmacy.arizona.edu>

>See EVERYONE starts out as a newbie at some point...:-)
>
>It was about 6 months later that I got my own first Mac, proudly paying $850
>for a demo model Mac Plus at a computer store closeout sale, incidentally
>racking up my very first bit of credit card debt as well...ended up getting a
>add-on 800K external floppy some months later, then the harrowing and
>forbidden ordeals of cracking the case and upgrading it, first to 2.5 MB
>(clipping those resistor leads were literally more nerve-wracking than
>anything I've done since, including my wedding day.)

Ahh, you bring back old memories. For me it was clipping the resistor on a Mac
SE. I was literally sweating bullets and feared a sweat drop would find its way
to the motherboard and destroy the board. Worse, a year so latter I had to
solder the clipped resistor back to the board for a processor or some other
upgrade. Of course all this happens in the summer with the temp at 90 F.

We all learn,  now swapping out a processor or motherboard on my G4's seems so
much less stressful. Thanks for the memories. -- glen