the Mac Pro is nice and all, but the fact remains that Intelness adds
significant to the price. Hereabouts, a pristine dual 2.5 G5 sans RAM,
video, and HDD (since personal preferences matter so much, when our little
circle swaps machines we do so like this) can be had for ~$100; that means
the whole shebang can be under $200 depending on the amount of RAM you want
(if you're like me and have a lot of 256 and 512MB sticks lying around, 8
slots means that you can have plenty using a bunch of small sticks in
matched pairs of capacity, not speed or brand). On the other hand, a dual
2.5 Mac Pro from the first gen is easily triple that, with no more than 50%
increase in performance (most of which is due to DDR2 RAM)
-- --
Illirik Smirnov

Chaotic Neutral since 1997
"A Charisma of 28 will seduce the dragon on a 14 or higher... 20? Oh well,
I suppose you get the treasure."
They see me rollin, they hatin; patrollin, tryin to catch me rollin nat one
Ron Paul // Jello Biafra 2012: For A Better America=
Proud member of the Enloe HS Debate Team: "At Least Someone Placed"