Since all the smart people hang out on this list, having kept their G3
to G5 Mac computers, I thought this would be the best place to ask for
help with this question

I own a dual 1.25GHz G4 PowerMac MDD (FW400, not FW800), that I have
upgraded to a stock Apple dual 1.42GHz G4 CPU module.  My question is
this:  Since I now have two dual G4 CPU modules (dual 1.25GHz & dual
1.42GHz G4's), I want to trade my dual 1.25GHz G4 CPU module for a
single 1.25GHz G4 CPU module, to a friend of mine that owns a single
1.25GHz G4 PowerMac MDD.  Then I want to look into the possibility of
over-clocking the  single 1.25GHz to 1.33GHz, 1.5GHz, or if possible,
1.67GHz.

Are all G4 CPU modules for the G4 PowerMac MDD computers
interchangeable (including single and dual G4 models), or in other
words, are all of the motherboards (except the FW 800 model) the same?

Here are the reasons for this strange question;

1. The G4 PowerMac MDD is a very noisy computer
2. To make it quieter, the fan must be replaced with a quieter
version, which is going to push less CFM's.
3. If I am going to use this G4 MDD to run an OS that is not SMP
capable, I don't need the 2nd G4 CPU & one way to reduce heat, would
be to use only one G4 CPU.
4. The single G4 CPU will be okay with the lower CFM's of the quieter
fan.
5. Using only one G4 CPU will give me greater flexibility to attempt
over-clocking, while still producing less heat than the dual G4 CPU
modules.

Since I have many other G4 and G5 Mac computers to run MacOSX and
MacOS9 on, repurposing this one Mac for running only an alternative OS
won't hurt my ability to run MacOSX & MacOS9 whenever I need/want to.

Thanks to anyone here that might be able to answer this strange
question.