Il giorno 6-03-2012 5:48, Eleni ha scritto:

> I tried to boot up
> with original Mac OS 8.6 disk in DVD drive holding the 'C' key, and it would
> go straight to the HD.  My guess is that the original disk is not a boot up
> disk
AFAIK, any Apple's MacOS disk is a bootable disk (OTOH, I noticed a copied
MacOS disk might not be bootable anymore).

Of course, not any MacOS disk can boot any Mac. But, in your case, 8.6
should boot your PM G3.
Is it an original Apple CD?
Is the keyboard an ADB one, or an USB one? (if USB, is it connected directly
to the USB port, or through an USB hub?).