On Mar 14, 2012, at 12:37 PM, Kris Tilford wrote:

> On Mar 14, 2012, at 12:07 PM, JohnCarmonne wrote:
>
>> PPC will not boot a GUID HDD AFAIK.
>
> You're correct, the partition map needs to be Apple Partition Map which CAN
> boot both Intel & PPC Macs.
> If a G4 will boot a self-powered USB drive, then with APM it should be
> possible to boot both from a USB external HD, but USB 1 will be SLOW.

USB 1.1 is really slow doing anything. I can use 2.0 cards on the PB's even the
G3 Wally's but stuck on the G4 Cubes. Anyway Firewire is the way to go if you
can.
Some of the ADS's will only boot with a USB 2.0 on the Intel's. All of the
machines I mentioned will also boot on a USB stick (thumb drive)
except the PM G5 Dual 2.7, G3 non native USB PB's  and a G4 Mac Mini.

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda CA
92886 USA
MacPro 2.66 Quad Nehalem