----- Original Message -----

> Il giorno 17-03-2012 23:40, Cameron Kaiser ha scritto:
>
>>  Mouse glitch where it thinks the button is down?
>
> Yeah, I thought about that. But I never touch the mouse when I boot up, and
> I cannot think why it would behave that way only once in a couple weeks (or
> more).
>
> BTW, the mouse is, actually, a Wacom Graphire 4x5" tablet (ET-0405-U) combo
> with tablet, mouse and pen. Although is USB connected, is NOT a standard USB
> device (it doesn't work in most 3D videogames, in fact).
>
> I had the same tablet with my G3 and G4 since 1998 (going from MacOS 8.6
> thru 9.2.2, OSX 10.3 and 10.4), and this DVD drive issue never happened
> before this G5.
> I had my G4 DA for several years with the very same OSX (I actually cloned
> it to the G5 using CCC) and it never happened. So it looks more of an
> hardware than software issue.

Perhaps a dirty or loose USB connection sending the wrong signal like a
depressed mouse button?

I had the same problem with a Sawtooth G4 and at first thought it was a
firmware problem with the upgraded DVD drive. When I replaced the Sawtooth with
DA attached to the same keyboard and mouse the problem continued with the tray
opening on every boot. The mouse was connected to the USB port on the keyboard
and the keyboard was connected to the logicboard.

After reading Cameron's recent post I unplugged everything from the USB ports
on the DA logicboard and rebooted, The DVD tray did not open on boot for the
first time in months. I reseated all USB connections and rebooted without the
problem.

Thus I would look for a dirty or loose USB connection or bad cable or a faulty
USB port causing the problem -- glen