On Apr 4, 2012, at 12:02 AM, Charles Lenington wrote:

> Scare tactics, direct links w/ no checking of system spec, caused lose of
> several years of mail (2006-2012). At least I use 3 computers to read mail,
> so it's an inconvienence.
>
> If you are running a MDD on 10.4.11, don't upgrade to t-bird 11.1.

Well, that is an impossiblity, since the current version (11.0.1) is intel-only
and won't even run on an MDB, let alone cause you to lose mail. Something else
happened. Official versions of Thunderbird haven't run on a PPC mac since
version 5.0, based on what I can find.

This isn't to say that there are not PPC ports of the code, but not from
Mozilla. TenFourFox is only up to FF code version 10.
:<http://www.floodgap.com/software/tenfourfox/> There IS a build of TBird 10.0
based on the TenFourFox code here:

<http://en.sourceforge.jp/projects/tenfourbird/releases/?package_id=12932>

So, I don't know what happened to your mail, but updating to 11 wasn't the
cause of it. For any changes to be made to your actual mail stores on the
computer it would have to have been changed by the running program (and then
only if they've changed the mail files format).

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona