> This isn't to say that there are not PPC ports of the code, but not from
> Mozilla. TenFourFox is only up to FF code version 10.

Let me clarify. There are two versions of TenFourFox, the stable and the
unstable branches. The stable branch is based on Firefox ESR, which is
indeed Firefox 10. It receives security patches and bug fixes, and (if
deemed important) new PowerPC-specific features, but it does not receive new
Mozilla features. It is meant to be a stable basis for ports and for users,
and has higher quality requirements. Serious bugs will, once identified and
confirmed, be fixed promptly.

The unstable branch is current with Firefox-release. 11 is available and
12 will shortly be available (I completed the port over the weekend). It is
generally suitable for day-to-day usage, but may have minor to moderate bugs
and these bugs may not necessarily be repaired on any particular timetable.

TenFourBird is based on the stable branch, therefore 10. There is an ESR of
Thunderbird, and TenFourBird merges the 10 changesets with that to yield an
ESR version themselves. Assuming the maintainers keep it up to date (I am not
involved with their work and I don't even know who the maintainer(s) are), it
will also receive security patches and bug fixes for the lifetime of the ESR.

ESR 10 will end support somewhere around Firefox 19, and will be replaced by
ESR 17. Hopefully TenFourFox makes it that far, and if it does, hopefully
TenFourBird also makes the jump.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckai...@floodgap.com
-- Ah, the insight of hindsight. -- Thurston N. Davis -------------------------