There are several ways to determine which Dual you have:  look up the model
number, sales number and manufacturing dates on the back or just open the
case and count the memory slots.  Then you can go to the
lowendmac.com site and read the descriptions here:

http://lowendmac.com/ppc/index.shtml

I have a Dual 2.0 bought in 2003 and it has 16 DDR slots, rated at 512 MB
max each for a total of 8GB.
The video card is an AGP interface ATI Radeon 9800 with 128M of VRAM and I
know
that it powers my 1920 x1080 HD display very nicely.  The later G5 Duals
use PCI-X slots.  If you have
a dual with only one processor chip, you probably have a 2005 model which
is the latest and has the
fastest bus of the G5 Dual towers.  These also have fewer memory slots, 8
in all for a total maximum
allowable 16GB.

I don't have any information on whether or not you can easily adapt a
standard (non-Apple) AGP card
but I have had no problem upgrading my hard SATA drives/

So check out the lowendmac.com specs or you can get some good info on
Apple.com since Apple
recently put more tech info on all the pre-intel models on their site.

coverturtle