> Question: Why did Apple remove Classic support from Mac OS X 10.5? The two
> architectures (PowerPC and Intel) are different anyway:

I fully agree that dropping Classic in Leopard was absolutely arbitrary on
Apple's part. In fairness, Classic requires significant hacks to the kernel
and low-level operating system and these may not have been UNIX 03 compliant,
but the PowerPC version of Leopard isn't technically anyway even without
Classic (only the Intel version), and your other disparities are spot-on.

But it's water under the bridge now.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckai...@floodgap.com
-- This message will self-destruct in five seconds. Good luck, Jim. -- M:I ----