Hi Clark,

Thanks for your reply.

My other PCI cards are Creamware/Sonic Core Scope DSP cards (3x) and one AGP video card. The Scope cards can run under OSX, but I'm mainly working with 9 due to the OASYS PCI. I'm also more familiar with OS 9 than X.

As for slow transfer rates with USB 1, I could possibly live with that. In most cases, it would be fairly small transfers.

My main concern is reliability and functionality. This area is pretty new to me. I used to use Amiga for music back in the day, but often heard about other users with pro samplers connected via SCSI to their Macs (I think G3 mainly). There is host control software to run under Mac OS 9 for this. I have the samplers now (they are cheap at this point) and really like the sounds I can coax from them, but would like to integrate them into my computing environment. I don't really know what I'm doing though.

I have read a little about Magma PCI expansion chassis which are supported under OS 9. Never used one though. Would an Atto SCSI card + PCI chassis be a reasonable solution? Does adding an expansion chassis cause any issues with the PCI bus performance? As I'm running a lot of live DSP audio processing, which uses main memory to some extent, as well as some CPU load (I think not a lot though) I would not want to cause issues in the bus performance.

Thanks again for your help,

Oli