On 2 Sep 2012, at 09:40:15 PDT, Bruce Johnson wrote:

On Sep 2, 2012, at 8:46 AM, oneoftheharts wrote:

So, having never really preferred web-based email, now that I can access my email AT ALL from my Mac, is it possible to treat it as a POP account and resume using Mail? My OS is 10.4.11.

Not as POP, but it is available as an IMAP account as follows:

<http://www.wilmut.webspace.virginmedia.com/notes/icloudmail.html>

These instructions are for Leopard and Snow Leopard, but since it's for setting up iCloud as a straight IMAP mail account it should work in any version of OS X.

I don't have any 10.4 systems to test it on, though.

--
Bruce Johnson