Il giorno 1-10-2012 18:28, Bruce Johnson ha scritto:

> There wouldn't be a power strip in there somewhere, with a little neon light
> burning all the time?
Nope, I connected the G5 directly to the power-meter with its own cable.
(measurement would have been pointless otherwise)
I measured each appliance on its own.

> Is there a power adapter for an Apple Cinema display?
No Apple displays.

> Second, calibrate your 'Kill-a-watt' clone, plug something like a vacuum
> cleaner, an iron, or some other 'dumb' appliance into it and see what the
> power usage is when off...you may be seeing false positives.
Yeah, I read a similar suggestion and that's what I did: plugging another
appliance (known consumption) together with the low-power appliance (like
the computer off), and then subtracting the known appliance's consumption.
It's been much more reliable.