----------  Original message  ----------
Subject: Re: Apple --AHT images?
Date:    Thursday, 27. December 2012
From:    Bill Connelly <billyca...@gmail.com>
To:      g3-5-list@googlegroups.com
> > I'm in need of ASD 2.5.8 [Apple Service Diagnostic (Dual Boot) 2.5.8]

Just google for it. That’s how I found it anyway.

> Anyone have the AHT 2.5.2 for use with a Quad Core G5 2.5GHz?

I have original media for AHT 2.1.1 (Power Mac G5 Mid-2004 or so) and AHT
2.2.5 (Power Mac G5 Late-2005 i.e. Dual-Core incl. Quad). The problem is, how
should I seperate the AHT part from the Mac OS X installation disc, because
the media is a DVD and up- and download is therefore huge! Also, I don’t want
to give away a full installation disc, but I’m willing to help out with the
AHT part of it.

Does anyone know how to seperate it?

> It's supposed to be on an Applications Install DVD that comes with OS X
> 10.5.5 and greater DVDs ... I think. I have OS X 10.5 Retail which seems to
> be missing it.
>
> Any news about the ASD diagnostic disks would be welcomed also.

As I understand it, ASD 2.5.8 is the last and final version for all Power Macs
G5 except for the Late-2005 (Dual-Core CPUs, PCI-Express) series.
And ASD 2.6.3 is the final version for the Late-2005 (including the Quad) G5s.

Google is you friend.

Cheers,
Andreas  aka  Mac User #330250