----------  Original message  ----------
Subject: Re: Apple --AHT images?
Date:    Thursday, 27. December 2012
From:    Bill Connelly <billycarmac...@verizon.net>
To:      g3-5-list@googlegroups.com
> 2.5.2 is for Late 2005. Yours,  2.2.5 is Late 2004 (and so is 2.5.2)
> according to Mactracker.

You’re right. I got confused: I have 2.1.1 for the original Power Mac G5
(PowerMac7,2), 2.2.5 for a PowerMac7,3 which is propably the Late-2004 if
Mactrackers database states this, and 2.5.2 for the Late-2005 (PowerMac11,2).

To summarize:
AHT 2.1.1  PowerMac7,2  2003 (CPU: PowerPC970)
AHT 2.2.5  PowerMac7,3  “Late 2004” (CPU: PowerPC 970fx)
AHT 2.5.2  PowerMac11,2  “Late 2005” (CPU: PowerPC 970MP)

> > Does anyone know how to seperate it?
>
> Is AHT installed on your harddrive? Probably under Utilities?

No, it cannot be installed. At least not that I heared of. It’s a bootable
part on the gray “Install & Restore” kind of disc sets that came with the Mac.
I guess it may be just one volume on it, but how to copy just that volume and
retain its functionality? Should it be so easy as to copy just this one
partition (i.e. volume)?

I’m not on a Mac right now, so I cannot check if Disk Utility sees the AHT
partition as one seperate volume that can be copied…

> Any suggestions where to get this version of ASD?

Use Google. Use the whole name (not the abbreviation ASD), the version, and
something that looks like “TO RENT” (one letter is missing), and you should be
able to find it. You need of course the right download software to actually get
it, and there has to be at least some_one_ providing it.

Cheers,
Andreas  aka  Mac User #330250