Il giorno 06/01/13 02:25, Bill Connelly ha scritto:

> Money is also a factor ... I had to borrow the funds thinking I didn't
> want to miss such a good deal ... it was worth a try. although I paid
> too much for it.
>
> A friend just suggested I consider a 1st or 2nd generation Mac Pro. I
> just might take him up on the idea ... and try moving my software into
> the Intel world, 1 expensive chunk at a time.

Bill, if moneyis an issue, I humbly suggest to keep considering the G5
route.
Just because you were disappointed, it doesn't mean G5s are usually that
troublesome (for used hardware, anyway ;-).

I've been using a G5 DP 2.7 GHz (with Delphi liquid cooling system), and
it's a beautiful machine, fast and silent.
Knocking on wood, I had it for 18 months and I hadn't a single problem
(well, I had issues burning DVDs, but that due to Toast and not the
hardware).

Sure, a Mac Pro would be faster, more compatible with recent OSX, and
sucking less power.
On the other hand, you would have the added trouble of your old software
compatibility...