On 1/21/13 10:22 PM, Dan Currie of danc...@frontiernet.net sent

> Hello All,
>
> I just moved from a 2005 G5 2.7 Daulie to a 2009 MacPro 2.66 Quad Core
> and from Leopard to Mountain Lion ... it is taking some adjustment ...
> primarily with my older documents in AppleWorks and my mail from
> Thunderbird.
>
> Looking for any viable suggestions to help me save and move my older
> documents to iWorks9.
>
> Thunderbird is another issue entirely. When I migrated from my old MDD
> to the G%, I simply took my emails on a flash drive and put them in the
> new Thunderbird file on the G%. I can NOT find that PROFILES file on the
> MacPro ... so I am unable to bring my mail with me. Again viable
> suggestions.
>
> Miss some of, or have not found how to diminish a window ... double
> clicking the top of the window does not work, not having scroll buttons
> is sort of a pain ... but I am getting there.
>
> Otherwise it is a fantastic OS and smooooooth! No issues so far ...
> fingers crossed.
>
> Help and suggestions is greatly appreciated!
>
> Dan Currie    danc...@frontiernet.net

Hello Dan,

I had the same problem- had so many syllabi in Apple Works, I was not
looking forward to exporting so many into iWorks - and I'm just not THAT
fond of Pages yet.
The nice feature about the Mac Pros is how easy it is to add another HD (it
can take 4 - yum!). I found a smallish SATA drive, installed it, made it
bootable into Snow Leopard (10.6.8) and reserved all my AW productivity for
that volume alone, for which A-works still can run with Rosetta installed.
When I'm done, I reboot into Lion (no ML yet) on the main drive and I am
good to go with music work.
Saved me having to find yet another app to contend with.
HTH.
Regards,
Dana