Il giorno 13/02/13 05.21, Dan Currie ha scritto:

> I have since removed ALL the RAM and inserted pairs . I still get the 3
> blinks no matter which of the old pairs I put in. I can not get beyond
> the 3 blinking lights.
>
> 2005, G5, 2.7 dualie running 10.5.8.

I don't like to be the bearer of (possible) bad news, but I just had a
problem similar to yours (you can check the Group's archives for "3 blinks
and no boot" subject), on my Early 2005 G5 DP 2.7 (looks like you have the
same G5).

Well, in my case it seems the memory controller soldering has "gone bad",
thus it doesn't matter which Ram I insert (and even without Ram), it's
always the 3 blinks.
To prove this, I heated the memory controller area (a square of solders
between the two slots blocks, on the right to them) with a hair dryer (a
couple minutes), and this made the G5 boot and work for some time (15-45'
usually).

It seems many computers made around 2003-2005 had this oncoming problem, due
to lead-free solder (Google "lead-free solder g5 problem").
One of the suggested trick was the hair dryer one (it makes the solders
contacts temporarily working).

In your case, you might have the "picky Ram" issue many mentioned here, or
you might have an issue similar to mine.
I wish you good luck. ;-)

Prior to this problem, the memory controller's temperature was always high
(around 75° C), thus it's likely that contributed to the subsequent failure.

---
"G-Group" group.
to g3-5-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.