@Clark: ingenious! But if he values his data, he should have a backup, like
an external HD or something. Even if he doesn't, I'm sure he can borrow a
USB drive to do the transfer job. I guess he had not started on it yet
because he wanted to be clear about the entire procedure first, and he
wasn't sure how to copy the OS over.

I agree with Greg that he should consider doing a fresh OS install,
depending on how long he's been working with this system drive, and on how
much time he can spend on the install of OS and application software.

@Greg: I guess what you say about copying over the OS is about Apple's
Drive Utility. But CCC can clone system disks independent of what the Mac
is booted from.

---
"G-Group" group.
to g3-5-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.