On 14-01-17 6:26 AM, t...@nehaia.dk wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I can't get more than 14 Mbit from my 50 Mbit connection
>
> the line is tested with two different windows machines that get the 50
> Mbit fine
>
> my 17" powerbook g4 ti running 10.4.11, and my husbands white g5 imac
> running 10.5.8 both get only 14 Mbit
>
> the powerbook has a 10/100 ethernet card and it is set to full duplex
>
> I find this soooooo strange
>
> any ideas out there?
>
> tia
>
> /tina

Hi /Tina,

Are we talking wired or wireless connections.

If wireless, would you consider resetting your wireless network
settings, including keychains? This is presuming you made recent changes
to your router.

That the speed on both machines is the same, would suggest that the
issue, the bottleneck is on your router. It's indeed strange that both
machines will trottle at the same speed.

If you have another router at home, I'd suggest you dig that out and try
it. Alternatively, if you can bypass your router, that might be good.

I'm willing to wager a few krone that the problem is the router.

Cheers

---
"G-Group" group.
to g3-5-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.