I transplanted all disks and drives from my "dead" dual 1.25 GHz MDD to
another 1 GHz single-CPU MDD (FireWire 400) and have everything working
again. But ...

I have also the optional developer toolkit installed and the Hardware
control panel still shows two processors running at 1 GHz. So does the
Apple System Profile. Activity Monitor also shows two CPUs. When I switch
off one CPU via the Hardware control panel, Apple sys. prof. shows only one
CPU. So Hardware created a virtual CPU and Sys. Prof. gets its info from
Hardware??

Sys. Prof. sees the mobo running at 167 MHz. So maybe the CPU's real speed
would be 1.25 GHz? I think this MDD was made in 2003, the last FW 400
edition for people who still needed to boot into Sys. 9.

Anyway, I will replace the CPU and install my dual CPU-card again after
getting some Arctic Silver.

Thanks again for all comments,

Jörg.

Op maandag 22 augustus 2016 19:41:37 UTC+2 schreef Jörg Duurkoop:

> Hi,
>
> I just returned from a 5-week vacation and my MDD won't start anymore. No
> sound no light, nothing.
>
> I left it plugged in as I found that it helps prolonging the life of the
> PRAM battery.
>
> Any ideas what it could be? The Mac worked perfectly when I left for my
> holidays. I'm flummoxed, I love that machine.
>
> Thank you again for all comments.
>
> Jörg.

---
"G-Group" group.