Il giorno 04/03/17 19.30, "Alex Ander" ha scritto:

> I decided to give an old Performa 5300 a go.
> the built in monitor comes up and a disk with a question mark that keeps
> flashing.
That means it cannot find a bootable System.
It's either the hard disk is dead, or there's no bootable System on it.

> I tried holding down the option key when booting up to see If it would give
> me boot up choices, but just the same.
I can't remember if option-boot was already working at the time.

If you have them handy, you could try inserting a System floppy disk, or a
System CD.
To boot from CD, you need to keep pressed the "C" key on the keyboard while
starting up the Mac.

> Does anyone remember other boot option commands?
Here are some startup key combinations for Mac:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201255

Keep in mind not all of them will be working on such an old Mac.

> It was running system 7 or 8, I can't remember.
It did run System 7.5 to 9.1:
http://apple-history.com/5300

HTH,
Valter