Jonathan,

I'm pretty new to using g4u myself, and I've never used it on a RAID
array. Do you know the name of the RAID controller? For example is this
an Adaptec or Promise RAID controller? Or are you using software RAID?
What operating system are you using? While I've never used g4u with
RAID, I have tried to implement Promise hardware RAID controllers on
Linux, and didn't have good results. I went with Fedora Core's
implementation of software RAID instead. It worked well. But I don't
know the impact that might have on g4u.

Have you seen the manual: http://www.feyrer.de/g4u/#hw

I can tell you g4u works great on non-RAID IDE disks, but that's no
comfort to you just right now.

Thanks

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA