Hello,
I'm interested in simply cloning the contents of my old 40GB Travelstar
drive to a newer 80GB Travelstar and thought I'd give g4u a try as I'm a
regular NetBSD user and like using it whenever possible.

Anyways, the hang.  I tried both the latest stable and the alpha 2 ISOs;
both fail at the same spot:

Intel 82801CA AC'97 Audio Controller (audio multimedia ...) at
  pci0 dev 3 function 5 not configured
isa0 at pcib0

--

As requested, the specifics:

version: g4u-2.4-alpha2
cmd used: boot netbsd -dv
output: see above
hangs at boot?: yes
"disks" output: N/A
dmesg errors: see above
OS,fs,FTPd: N/A

The hardware profile is:
IBM thinkpad T23 w/ 1GB RAM, 40GB IDE source disc on system controller +
external 80GB IDE target disc on USB1.1.  Obviously system has the Intel
82801CA AC'97 controller...

Wondering if kernel just needs more of the GENERIC_LAPTOP stuff in it.
I've run NetBSD-3.1 and 4.x liveCDs on this system w/o issues.

Regards,
Jeff