On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Jeff wrote:
> Wondering if kernel just needs more of the GENERIC_LAPTOP stuff in it.
> I've run NetBSD-3.1 and 4.x liveCDs on this system w/o issues.

good question... another guess I have is that ACPI is a problem.
Can you "boot -c", try to disable acpi ("disable acpi" or so), and let me
know if that changes anything? Not that I'd prefer to go that route again,
but previously ACPI was not enabled, and that may be a reason why those
things haven't popped up yet.

Can you try 2.4alpha1 or 2.3, and see if they boot properly? (They don't
have ACPI both)

Oh, and BTW: There's no more GENERIC_LAPTOP, it seems. 8-)

  - Hubert