Hi Yann,

On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 18:31:33 +0100 Andrey Gursky wrote:

> Hi Yann,
>
> On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 10:41:29 +0100 Yann Leboulanger wrote:
>
> > On 12/07/2016 11:37 PM, Andrey Gursky wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > a couple of days ago I noticed, that mercurial repository has gone. But
> > > no replacement was setup. I haven't found any announcement here on the
> > > list about the migration. Couldn't you switch it just into read-only
> > > mode, which is already the only possible way to access the server for
> > > everybody except developers?
> >
> > I don't want ppl to think it's still maintained. So I prefer completly
> > hide it.
>
> OK, in this case the repositories could be renamed.
>
> > > The old trac has gone either. What do you think about an archive
> > > read-only mode access?
> >
> > Hard to make it read only. And why make it read only? (nearly) all is
> > supposed to be on gitlab
>
> Just in case there is something seems to be wrong and only look into
> the original can clarify the situation.
>
> > > Let's look at https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/gajim/issues/8390
> > > It has been filed by anonymous. Can this be true? Did old trac allow
> > > anonymous accounts (without at least partly anonymezed email reference)?
> >
> > I didn't create an account for all 2500 contributors that filles a
> > ticket. So yes we loose who created some tickets.
>
> This is very unfortunately. But why are there so many accounts? I
> believe it is due to the fact Gajim trac maintainers (were there many
> or only you?) forced every user, wanting just to report an issue with
> Gajim instead to take time to create an account, verify email, login.
> Now I'm kindly ask you to be consequent and please continue to maintain
> people contribution credits. It doesn't mean you would have to create
> all these accounts. The only thing has to be done, is to prepend every
> "anonymous" post with a corresponding original account name and email
> (spam protected). This is very important, to encourage people to post
> feedback to make Gajim better and get credited instead of showing,
> that all they are just nobody anonymous (so why should they bother with
> creating new accounts on gitlab and wasting time with filing bug reports?).
>
> Theoretically, if the password hashing mechanism of trac and gitlab
> were identical, I think accounts with old credentials could be created
> and used without noticing any difference. How passwords are stored on
> the old trac and new gitlab?
>
> > > Looking further at the comment:
> > > https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/gajim/issues/8390#note_137507
> > > a changeset is mentioned:
> > > In [changeset:"849a745fc6c17d18626b480d4ed7d3844be8280e"
> > > 16114:849a745fc6c1]
> > > But I can't click on it to be forwarded to the actual commit. Hopefully,
> > > you can fix that?
> >
> > it's is now.
>
> Thanks. (Though issues pages are returning 500 now.)
>
> > > For example here https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/python-nbxmpp/issues/20
> [...]

just noticed, that you're likely want additionally to rewrite the
following gajim credentials:

lovetox <forenjunkie AT chelo DOT at> --> Philipp Hörist <forenjunkie AT chello
DOT at>
tmolitor <thilo AT eightysoft DOT de> --> Thilo Molitor <thilo AT eightysoft
DOT de>

Their respective owners should correct me, if I'm wrong with the
identification.

Regards,
Andrey