On Fri, 16 Dec 2016 23:30:48 +0100 Yann Leboulanger wrote:

> Le 15/12/2016 à 23:27, Andrey Gursky a écrit :
> > On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 23:06:44 +0100 Yann Leboulanger wrote:
> >
> >> Yes something like that could be done. note easy now that conversion is
> >> already done, but still doable. But I don't like the idea to make email
> >> public, even if it's anti-spammed .... It was not public on trac, so it
> >> should not be here too
> > If it wasn't then it shouldn't be also on gitlab, agreed. Was it
> > visible for registered trac users? I don't see any workaround for now,
> > to enable visibility only for gitlab registered users. It seems gitlab
> > must be improved to support this.
> >

> What do you think about that:
> https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/python-nbxmpp/issues/39
>
> It was not visible for anybody except admins. And it was not mendatory
> to have a mail when you registered.

I've just looked also into the old trac and indeed the visibility was
very limited even for registered users. OK, google in their deprecated
googlecode had a strong protection of emails, but once you've solved a
captcha, you could see the email. This solution in trac seems to be too
strong, because you have no chance to contact the person. I believe if
someone supplies an email during registration, he/she is agree to be
contacted regarding the issue (but of course not spammed, that's why
something so wired like captcha solving is also an option).

And this "Reported by ..." in the nbxmpp's issue looks very close to
what I've been asking for.

Regards,
Andrey