On Saturday, July 30, 2011, Shantanu Pavgi <pa...@uab.edu> wrote:

> The -V option is not for verbose mode but for exporting your
> shell environment. Refer to qsub manual for details:
> "Specifies  that  all environment variables active within the
> qsub utility be exported to the context of the job."
> We are already using it in our configuration as needed.

That is such a common need it would be great to have
it in the Galaxy documentation as an example of using
native SGE options with drmaa:// in universe_wsgi.ini
Plus the http://linux.die.net/man/5/sge_complex link.

Thanks!

> I think we are having problem with the galaxy (or drmaa
> Python lib) parsing correct drmaa/SGE messages and
> not with the drmaa URL configuration. Thoughts?

I'd try adding a few debug log/print statements to the
code to try and diagnose it.