Dear Greg,

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Greg Von Kuster <g...@bx.psu.edu> wrote:
> Leandro,
>
> For refresh_on_change to work you need a set of optional selections and a
> set of refresh_on_change values, so in your example, the type should
> probably be a select instead of data.  You'll also need the select list
> options to be generated based on your history items (at least that's what I
> think you're attempt here), so your list of refresh_on_change values will be
> attributes of those history items.
>
> Greg Von Kuster

Could you show an example of this functionality that you described?
This is new to me I really apologize and I looked for things on the
Galaxy wiki but couldn't find. How would one do the simple example I
illustrated in this thread:

<inputs>
    <param type="data" format="txt" name="dataset" label="Select a
text file from you history" />
    <param type="select" multiple="true" name="dataset_values"
dynamic_options="get_options_from_file(dataset.file_name)" />
</inputs>

Where in the tool form if the user changes the first drop-down menu to
select a different file of a particular format from their history it
will cause a refresh of the page so that the dynamic_options function
in the second menu can be re-executed using the new file name as a
parameter then generating new options in this second menu?

regards,
Leandro