For mail configuration, see the "Mail and Notification" section in your
universe_wsgi.ini -- all you need to do is specify an SMTP server that Galaxy
can use.

Regarding the invalid password, keep in mind that this would be your previously
registered password (from when you were using the sqlite database originally),
and not the one you used when you reregistered with a postgres database.

-Dannon