Hi,

Jobs that I start on my in-house Galaxy instance now take up to 3-4 min to go from queued to Running, even though there is nothing much going on on the galaxy server...

I have been running this instance since June and use a relatively new version of Galaxy-central (Last update, 22-Aug changeset:   7535:bf6517b2b336)

I have noticed that my jobs table in the galaxy Postgres database contains about 60,000 jobs...
Could that be the culprit? Does it slow to the complete database to see if there are any jobs that need to run?

Could I purge the jobs and related tables to speed up the submissions?

Thanks,

Thon