Hi Brad,

I really like this idea. I'm not going to open a ticket yet but talk with Dan/team about some options. We have an alternate directory structure modeled from last fall I'd like to get in place before we start something like this ( is not yet implemented, but it or something similar would be required to properly add in the hg19 GTAK-sort. will involve a bit of other data shuffling w/ .loc changes to keep external links functional ). There are also some other repo ideas in play.

Let me get some internal feedback next week, then I'll start a Trello ticket with some basics from our side that we can use to vet a plan to go forward, assuming the rest of the team likes idea. I think test cases/index validation would probably be part of this somehow. And certainly some simplification we be welcomed in the more cluttered dirs, if that can be managed while keeping enough around for reproducibility needs.

Very topical, thanks for bring up and offering to help out! These can be great deal of work to create and makes total sense to share. I'll send and update later next week, hopefully with a Trello link so we can get started.

Jen
Galaxy