On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 2:37 PM, Dave Bouvier <d...@bx.psu.edu> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> Yes, it is definitely possible to use a composite datatype in functional
> tests, and a number of tools in the Galaxy distribution do so.

Hooray - I was hoping this functionality already existed but was just
undocumented.

> For examples
> on how to define composite inputs, you can look at the tools in
> tools/rgenetics/, such as rgGLM.xml or rgHaploView.xml.

Got it - I see that uses the tag <composite_data> within the <param> tag.

> For the outputs, rgClean.xml provides an example of comparing a
> composite output dataset with the expected test data.

Here there is a tag <extra_files> used within the <output> tag.

Many thanks Dave - those should be enough to get me started, and
maybe I can update the wiki once I'm happy with how this works...

Cheers,