On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 6:21 PM, Björn Grüning
<bjoern.gruen...@pharmazie.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> Hi Greg and Peter,
>
> two examples from my side.
>
> One of my tools (osra) has 7 dependencies. A few of them, GraphicsMagick
> for example, makes sense to include as separate repo. But I feel that
> the other are too special.

I made the same judgement call with clinod (command line NoD), which
needs a single binary tool 'batchman' (either on the path or next to the
clinod install) from a 3rd party package, the Stuttgart Neural Network
Simulator (SNNS).

http://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/clinod/

I could have tried to work out how to download and install the whole of
the SNNS package, but that in turn would trigger more dependencies.
Instead I am just installing batchman by putting it in the clinod
$INSTALL_DIR - this is far simpler and less likely to break.

(If it turns out in six months time that some other Galaxy Tools also
use bits of SNNS, then I'd reconsider this choice.)