On Aug 7, 2013, at 7:46 AM, Jasper Jan Koehorst wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a very simple jobrunner script that allows only 1 job to be run as
> this galaxy is used for one thing in particular which consumes almost all
> resources.
>
> To do this I set the following:
>
>     <plugins>
>         <plugin id="local" type="runner"
> load="galaxy.jobs.runners.local:LocalJobRunner" workers="1"/>
>     </plugins>
>
> This works, but is it possible to create a second worker that is only allowed
> to be used for uploading files? So people can upload their data already and
> only enter the queue for the big analysis? Otherwise if they turn their
> computer off in the evening the upload is gone...

Hi Jasper,

Even if an upload job can't run because it's waiting for a free worker, that
should not cause the upload to fail as long as the browser finishes
transferring the file.  Once the file is transferred, the upload job will
simply wait in the queue until the worker slot is available.

Regardless, you should be able to load the local plugin twice, and utilize
tool-to-destination mapping and concurrency limits to do what you want, e.g.:

<plugins>
    <plugin id="local" type="runner"
load="galaxy.jobs.runners.local:LocalJobRunner" workers="1"/>
    <plugin id="local_upload" type="runner"
load="galaxy.jobs.runners.local:LocalJobRunner" workers="4"/>
</plugins>
<destinations default="non_upload">
    <destination id="non_upload" runner="local" />
    <destination id="upload" runner="local_upload" />
</destinations>
<tools>
    <tool id="upload1" destination="upload" />
</tools>
<limits>
    <limit type="concurrent_jobs" id="non_upload">1</limit>
    <limit type="concurrent_jobs" id="upload">1</limit>
</limits>

The extra workers on the upload plugin would allow multiple users' uploads to
be processed at once.