On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Ulf Schaefer <ulf.schae...@phe.gov.uk> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> Has anyone successfully integrated the phylib file type into Galaxy in
> their local install? It's a standard file type for multiple sequence
> alignment and I could not possibly be the only one who want to support
> it in a local install.

Do you mean phylip with a p at the end? If so try this:
http://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/devteam/emboss_datatypes
http://emboss.sourceforge.net/docs/themes/SequenceFormats.html

Note however there are both strict and relaxed interpretations
of the PHYLIP standard (the original version imposed taxon
name limits), and also both interlaced/interleaved and
sequential forms.

The EMBOSS repository has "phylipnon" for non-interleaved
(i.e. sequential) PHYLIP format , and "phylip" for either.