Il giorno gio, 19/09/2013 alle 12.42 -0500, John Chilton ha scritto:
> Feature request received.
>
> The following changeset demonstrates how one could implement this
>
> https://github.com/jmchilton/galaxy-central/commit/b500a24bc1aa94bef48db20a7cc1f3d68855b7fd

Hi John,
that's pretty interesting and we are probably going to use something
similar for some "problematic" tools, thanks for sharing!

> First step is to create a new dynamic job destination, this is
> demonstrated in job_conf.xml in the above changeset. This demonstrates
> the new style job_conf section - this will need to be adapted for the
> old style runners but is still doable.
>
> Then you will want to add a dynamic job runner rule that implements
> this logic. This is the file lib/galaxy/jobs/rules/license_checker.py.

Is there a way to specify in job_conf.xml a per-tool final destination
after the has_license filtering ? E.g.:

<tool id="cat1" destination="has_license" final_destination="local" />
<tool id="cat2" destination="has_license"
final_destination="remote_cluster" />

The 'final_destination' attribute would then be used in has_license
function instead of returning DEFAULT_JOB_DESTINATION_ID.

> There is no longer any need to display such tools to the user thanks
> to dynamic toolbox filters. This is that last file:
> lib/galaxy/tools/filters/license_filter.py. This will prevent any tool
> in the list 'LICENSED_TOOLS' from even being seen by unlicensed users.
> You do need to specify this filter is being used by adding the line:
>
> tool_filters = license_filter:has_license
>
> in the [app:main] section of universe_wsgi.ini.

I think that something like this:

# Tool filtering. Multiple such filters can be specified by giving
# module (relative to galaxy.tools.filters) and function names for each
# as a comma separated list.
# See lib/galaxy/tools/filters/examples.py.sample for some examples.
#tool_filters =
#tool_label_filters =
#tool_section_filters =

should be added to universe_wsgi.ini.sample , otherwise this wonderful
feature is very difficult to discover.

> Hope this helps!
>
> -John

Thanks again!