I can verify augustus doesn't work correctly any longer, but I do not
get the same error. The package installs properly but set_environment
doesn't get handled.

As far as I can tell this changeset:

https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/commits/ab9f5cb3acd8dcfe30fc5b92fc4a792c9815c877

Would break this functionality:

    <set_environment version="1.0">
        <environment_variable name="R_SCRIPT_PATH"
action="set_to">$REPOSITORY_INSTALL_DIR</environment_variable>
    </set_environment>

(as documented on wiki and as appears in the augustus wrappers).

In particular these three lines:

elif elem.tag == 'set_environment':
  env_var_name = env_var_elem.get( 'name', None )
  if env_var_name:

Which have become:

elif elem.tag == 'set_environment':
  env_var_name = elem.get( 'name', None )
  if env_var_name:

Seem problematic. It looks like the set_environment element doesn't
have the name, it is the inner environment_variable elements that do.
This should probably be resolved before the next release.

-John