On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 1:38 PM, Greg Von Kuster <g...@bx.psu.edu> wrote:
> I know this has been needed for quite some time.  I't's definitely
> on our near radar.

Excellent - can we move that Trello card to "In Planning"? ;)

> I'm thinking that testing repositories of type
> tool_dependency_definition would cover this request ...

Yes, that's the main missing piece.

> ... since any
> repositories that have bot tools and a tool_dependencies.xml file
> are already tested.

Here the tool_dependencies.xml file isn't tested explicitly,
only indirectly via wrapper tests which use the dependency.

> Will this be an appropriate approach to this,
> or am I missing something here?

I would prefer improved testing/reporting from the
tool_dependencies.xml actions be universal for any
Tool Shed repository containing a tool_dependencies.xml
file -- not just the restricted tool_dependency_definition
type which only contain this file.

I gave an example on the Trello Card.