On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 3:33 AM, Dave Bouvier <d...@bx.psu.edu> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we're working on fixing a number
> of issues with the test framework, and hope to have more information for you
> tomorrow.
>
>  --Dave B.

Hi Dave,

Good news, the BLAST+ tests appear to have all passed on the Test Tool Shed,
http://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/ncbi_blast_plus/f2478dc77ccb

Tool test results
Automated test environment
Time tested: ~ 5 hours ago
System: Linux 3.8.0-30-generic
Architecture: x86_64
Python version: 2.7.4
Galaxy revision: 11318:7553213e0646
Galaxy database version: 117
Tool shed revision:
Tool shed database version:
Tool shed mercurial version:
Tests that passed successfully
Tool id: blastxml_to_tabular
Tool version: blastxml_to_tabular
Test: test_tool_000000
(functional.test_toolbox.TestForTool_testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/repos/peterjc/ncbi_blast_plus/blastxml_to_tabular/0.0.11)
Tool id: ncbi_tblastx_wrapper
Tool version: ncbi_tblastx_wrapper
Test: test_tool_000000
(functional.test_toolbox.TestForTool_testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/repos/peterjc/ncbi_blast_plus/ncbi_tblastx_wrapper/0.0.21)

Curiously however, this no longer seems to be complaining about
the BLAST+ tools without any tests - a new bug?

Over on the main Tool Shed, the binary installation seems to be failing
(still using the bash script magic - is the test system still missing bash,
or is there a different problem here?). Here too, there doesn't seem to
be any mention of the tools missing tests.

At this point (given it is working on the Test Tool Shed), I think it should
be safe to update the BLAST+ packages to use the new architecture/os
specific <action> tags (a recent feature which is now supported in the
stable Galaxy releases):

http://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/iuc/package_blast_plus_2_2_26
http://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/iuc/package_blast_plus_2_2_27
http://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/iuc/package_blast_plus_2_2_28